Sunday 22 April 2012

ATBA Downhill Series 1 - Write-up

A slightly late follow-up to last weekends posts live from the Downhill Comp in Whinlatter.

The final results and a great vid can be found here.

I was surprised by how packed the Masters was and it was a battle to end up 8th in the class - but I was pretty happy with my time. Typically...I only had one bail on the day; the final corner of what would have been my fastest run (it was about 3.31 with the bail)...but thats life.

A massive shout-out to Roger for organising the day and to Allan for helping out and building a roll-in that didn't terrify anyone or break. Also congrats to Travis and Brennig for tearing up the Seniors class.

I managed to get in some filming with varying results...I had attached a camera mount to my front axle...but unfortunately the mount was aiming too far up and only caught the sky.

I managed to film the entire run:


 
I also managed to get some decent footage on the final corner of the track and had my first attempt at trying to edit to music - its pretty basic but let me know what you think.



Now I cant wait for the 2nd comp in Wales at Dave and have added a 12x790 custom NoSno deck (the 10x770 is just way too flexi for me and is killing alot of speed) and maybe a GoPro to the shopping list...  



1 comment:

  1. Looked a brill day for all (well nearly)- whose was the thumb? Ouch!
    Look forward to the blog on Wales......

    ReplyDelete